Set your normal spinach salad apart with this quick and easy-wilted version. Filled with sauteed brown mushrooms, sauteed baby spinach and delicious prosciutto your taste buds will be remembering it for meals to come. The best part is you can tweak the ingredients to your liking, it’s a very simple salad and the recipe can be tweaked any way you like, you won’t ruin it. So make sure to play with the ingredients until you find your perfect flavors. I like to add a lot of fresh baby spinach to the salad once I am finished but you can omit this and just leave the sprinkle of blue cheese on top! Either way, it’s delicious.
This salad is a low-carb option, so if this is your diet of choice, it guilt-free. If not it’s still delicious so make sure to give it a try and tell us how you like it in the comments!
- Quarter container of diced prosciutto
- Enough avocado oil to saute
- 2 Handfuls of Baby Spinach
- Few pieces of diced red onion to taste
- 4 strawberries sliced
- A sprinkle of blue cheese crumbles.
- Warm prosciutto in saute pan with avocado oil for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add spinach leaves and cook down
- Remove from heat and put in the salad bowl
- Add to the salad bowl
- Top with blue cheese, onions, and strawberries
We omitted dressing from this recipe because the sauteed sauce brings a nice balance to the dish and no acidity is required to balance out the flavors.