Are you ready to embark on a journey that’s like a warm, cozy hug for your taste buds? Well, grab your favorite mug, because we’re about to dive headfirst into the magical world of Spiced Cider!
- 8 cups (64 ounces) of apple cider (you can use store-bought or make your own)
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 4-5 whole cloves
- 4-5 allspice berries
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar (adjust to taste)
- Optional: a splash of rum or bourbon for an adult twist
- Combine Ingredients: In a large pot, pour in the apple cider and add the cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, and allspice berries. You can tie these spices in a piece of cheesecloth or put them in a spice bag for easy removal later.
- Add Citrus Slices: Drop in the sliced orange and lemon. The citrus will add a bright and zesty twist to your cider.
- Sweeten It Up: Stir in the brown sugar. Start with 1/4 cup and adjust according to your taste. If you like it sweeter, add a bit more.
- Heat It Up: Place the pot over medium-low heat and slowly warm the cider. Be patient; you don’t want to rush this. Let the spices and citrus infuse into the cider for about 15-20 minutes. Don’t let it boil; just let it simmer gently.
- Serve and Enjoy: Once it’s warmed to perfection and your kitchen is filled with the aroma of fall, it’s time to serve. Ladle the spiced cider into mugs, and if you’re in the mood for an adult version, add a splash of rum or bourbon to each mug.
- Garnish (Optional): You can add a cinnamon stick or a slice of orange or lemon to each mug for an extra touch of charm.
- Sip and Savor: Cozy up with your mug of spiced cider, and enjoy the warm, comforting flavors of autumn.
There you have it – a homemade spiced cider recipe that’s sure to become a fall favorite. It’s perfect for gatherings with friends and family or for those moments when you just want to wrap yourself in a blanket and enjoy the season. Cheers to fall! 🍁🍎🍂