This sweet and smokey barbecue sauce is made with fresh strawberries and chipotle peppers for a spicy kick. You’ll love this homemade Strawberry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce.
1 pd strawberries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (1 can)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup brown sugar tightly packed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
A sprinkle of sugar
First, roast the strawberries by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
On a large baking sheet spread out your strawberries and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake until caramelized 28-30 minutes.