Pumpkin spice lattes are typically associated with the fall season, making them a limited-time treat that people look forward to all year long. Started by Starbucks in 2003, pumpkin spice lattes have become a symbol of the changing seasons, and many people enjoy indulging in them as a way to celebrate the arrival of autumn.
Pumpkin spice lattes have become a staple of fall culture. Many people associate them with happy memories and traditions, such as pumpkin carving and Thanksgiving gatherings.
While you can find pumpkin spice coffees at just about every coffee shop now, sometimes you just want to make on at home and we have the perfect recipe that perfectly combines the warm spices of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves with the rich, creamy taste of espresso and steamed milk in a comforting and satisfying treat for coffee lovers everywhere.
what nespresso pod is best for a pumpkin spice latte
To make a pumpkin spice latte with a Nespresso machine, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Nespresso coffee capsule
- Milk (any type of milk will do, but whole milk or non-dairy alternatives like almond or oat milk work particularly well)
- Pumpkin pie spice (you can purchase pre-made spice blends or make your own by combining cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice)
- Vanilla extract
- Sugar (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
Here’s how to make a pumpkin spice latte with a Nespresso:
- Brew your Nespresso capsule according to your preference (espresso or lungo). Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice over medium heat.
- Cook the mixture until it starts to steam, whisking occasionally.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and blend it using a hand blender until frothy.
- Pour the milk mixture into a mug and top with the Nespresso coffee.
- Add whipped cream on top, if desired.
- Enjoy your homemade pumpkin spice latte!
- Note: You can adjust the amount of pumpkin puree, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice according to your taste preference.